Vancouver Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MurkyRockDiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Howdy,

Looks like I am going to get into Vancouver for three days next week, just wondering if there is anywhere near Vancouver I might be able to go for a quick dive or two.

Any info is fine like a decent diveshop that might do a local dive with me or a club that does that type of thing.

Paul

Whytecliff near the Horseshoe Bay ferry terminal will most likely be the easiest for you but there are other sites.

What days/nights are you in town as different shops have different shop dive days.

I will know more tomorrow, but it looks like Sunday thru Tuesday. Monday looks like the best day to dive I think.

The problem is getting to the dive site. They are doing a lot of road construction on the road to it. So this won't be a "quick" dive. Expect delays, otherwise I agree with you.

Ahhhh...The Olympics. I haven't been there in 2 yrs, the construction wasn't that bad back then.

Ahhhh...The Olympics. I haven't been there in 2 yrs, the construction wasn't that bad back then.

It is bad enough some days that I have set up my gear right in the middle of the road while waiting, then just lay it down in the back of the van.

Murky, PM inbound

I haven't dove Porteau in months...I can't stand the traffic delays. It turns my usual 20 minute jaunt to Porteau into a 2 hour one. Ridiculous.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom