Valve Tool?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive4Life

Contributor
Reaction score
Any recommendation on a screw driver like tool to remove the handle on the valve? Just wondering if anyone knew where to get one? I do believe this will allow me to rebuild the valve.

Dive4Life:
Any recommendation on a screw driver like tool to remove the handle on the valve? Just wondering if anyone knew where to get one? I do believe this will allow me to rebuild the valve.

All you have to do is grind a groove in the center of a larger flat screwdriver.

I use a smaller screwdriver. They unscrew just fine on one side. A valve tool is nice but not at all necessary.

I found a few brackets at the hardware store that are exactly the right width and have a channel in the center. All I had to do was cut the end off (it is joined at the end) and grind the resulting prongs flat. If I had a picture I'd post it.

I was surprised none of the dive shops I've checked here and in the LA area had one, but then this was much cheaper!

Dr. Bill

I used to have a slotted factory tool for opening valves, and it was sweet until it got borrowed. Grinding a slot in a screwdriver seemed like a pain to do, so I never quite got around to it. I had one of those small tool kits with the tiny screwdrivers that screw into a master handle, and there were a bunch of little crescent wrench arms in there also.
The little wrench arms locked on Vise-Grips work like a charm.
Peter Built has a pretty nice valve T-handle for $19 in their catalog. These guys make some most excellent scuba repair tools.
http://www.scubatools.com/PBUniversal.html

Hyper-limits:
All you have to do is grind a groove in the center of a larger flat screwdriver.

My Dremel and I went to work on making the valve tool today. It came out quite nice and was only $4.00. Thanks for the suggestion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom