Valve questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Splitlip

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have thermo valves on a couple of my tanks. Specifically the Pros.
There is a small (1/16"?) hole in the side of the valves.

I noticed today while soaking my regs (I always keep them pressurized) I had bubbles coming out of that hole. Even when I shut down the valve.

Why is it there and why is it "leaking".
Thanks

I have thermo valves on a couple of my tanks. Specifically the Pros.
There is a small (1/16"?) hole in the side of the valves.

I noticed today while soaking my regs (I always keep them pressurized) I had bubbles coming out of that hole. Even when I shut down the valve.

Why is it there and why is it "leaking".
Thanks
Tim,

The hole is there to let you know that the inner o-ring on the DIN/K adaptor is leaking. It could be because the o-ring is worn or perhaps the DIN/K adaptor is not screwed in all the way. And if it still leaks after you close the valve that is because there is still pressure in the high pressure regulator which is bleeding down. I'd replace both o-rings on the DIN/K adaptor, tighten it down hand tight and the problem should go away.

Rick
Thermo Valves

Tim,

The hole is there to let you know that the inner o-ring on the DIN/K adaptor is leaking. It could be because the o-ring is worn or perhaps the DIN/K adaptor is not screwed in all the way. And if it still leaks after you close the valve that is because there is still pressure in the high pressure regulator which is bleeding down. I'd replace both o-rings on the DIN/K adaptor, tighten it down hand tight and the problem should go away.

Rick
Thermo Valves

Confirms what I found today when I brought my tanks in for fills.

Thanks for the quick reply!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom