Valve Drills?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spectre:
Many -many- divers that are practicing and preparing for a DIR-F class skip some of the steps that you will actually learn in the class. One of them... making sure your harness is fitted correctly. If your harness isn't fitted correctly, you can practice and stretch and crane your head and try and try and try, just to find after you step back and properly fit your harness and properly position your tank on that properly fitted harness.... you just wasted a ton of in-water time trying to fix something that isn't necessarily broken.
That's exactly why one does not need to practice for DIR-F. Fitting harness is part of DIR-F. Reaching valve technique is part of DIR-F. Tank positionig if part of DIR-F (both for trim and valve issues). And you'll waste ton more in-water time trying to fix something that you learned wrong by yourself before DIR-F. I havent practicing anything before DIR-F (just checked if my gear is OK) and have passed it.

MonkSeal:
That's exactly why one does not need to practice for DIR-F. Fitting harness is part of DIR-F. Reaching valve technique is part of DIR-F. Tank positionig if part of DIR-F (both for trim and valve issues).
OTOH, I consider being able to reach one's valve a basic dive skill. If your buoyancy device is so ill fitting that you cannot reach it, then you should not be diving with it.

Charlie99:
OTOH, I consider being able to reach one's valve a basic dive skill. If your buoyancy device is so ill fitting that you cannot reach it, then you should not be diving with it.

Hmmm - I was diving with a couple of guys last month and one of them couldn't get his own fins on ... asked me to put them on for him ... wouldn't this be a basic skill too? :wink: maybe need a class for fin donning - j/k

Tim

btw - for you serious folks out there - don't take the above seriously...

Thanks for the all the great tips. I tried it again this weekend as was able to reach the knob relatively easily. Still need more pratice but much better than before.
Thanks again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom