Valve Drill Logistics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually you are correct for the most part. Though if ness. the 'drill' can be used to locate the area at issue in the event of a gas loose failure.

For me....I persl. always shut down the 'isolator' as my first move, its quick and easy and assures that the valve/tank at issue will not continue to draw gas from the unaffected valve/tank...then the process of determining which side is at issue begins, and then taking the appropriate actions to correct the failure and continued loose of gas. The last step is re-opening the isolator after the problem is resolved.

I agree.

Isolate first to preserve your precious gas supply. Take a glance at you SPG, if you have no movement go to shutdown the right post (providing you dive with 1 SPG on your left post), if you do have movement shutdown your left post. IMO, You should be able to perform these shutdowns in under 15 seconds (while Narc'd)...then of course re-open the isolator last.

I think a drill is MUCH more than just building up dexterity, there is a reason you learn these shutdowns....

I think a drill is MUCH more than just building up dexterity, ....

I don't know,, :) the older I get this 'dexterity thing' becomes more apparent also!! :D

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom