Valve drill gone wrong...and my regulator died, too

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They can work loose if it's tight into the valve and you turn on the whole first stage in an attempt to loosen it enough to get it off the tank. I've seen it happen before. It's a good habit to check that bit on a regular basis.

R..
if in an emergency is this redeemable underwater or is it a workshop fix? assuming if the wheel loose then you cant get the reg off the bottle and the gas is unrecoverable

if in an emergency is this redeemable underwater or is it a workshop fix? assuming if the wheel loose then you cant get the reg off the bottle and the gas is unrecoverable

I've only seen it happen during a dive once. The regulator on a buddy's deco bottle was loose. He feathered it to get through the dive, which worked well enough.

My opinion is that you need to do maintenance on the bench, not in the water. Avoiding the problem is better than fixing it, so just check if it's tight before you put it on the tank to begin with.

R..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom