Vacation Scramble

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vladimir

The Voice of Reason
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I am doing one of my trademark last minute trips. I have a week, max, more like five or six days.

Borneo Divers Mabul Resort is booked. How does Sipadan Mabul Resort compare? I am looking at perhaps only one day at Sipadan.

The last time I went to Tulamben was March of last year--slightly off-season. It was perfect for me--very few divers. It felt like I had the whole north shore to myself. How will it be the first week of June? Is it crowded now? I am also considering Menjangan, just to change things up. The last time I went there I stayed at the Mimpi, which was fine, but that was in January, some years ago. Will it be busy over there? Any other accommodations I should consider? I could hike over to Tulamben from Menjangan, but I hate to waste a lot of time driving or boating if there are hordes of divers.

I'm also considering Koh Samui. This would be a sacrificial trip for my fiancee's sake. She gets seasick, so we'd stay in Samui and I could day trip to Koh Tao while she spends a fortune on silly spa treatments. Hour-long boat rides don't thrill me either though. I have never dived that side of Thailand. How does it compare to the Andaman side, or to peninsular Malaysia?

I'm not against the Philippines, but I haven't been there much. Logistics of traveling to the good spots seem a little bit imposing and I don't want to risk disappointment--it's been a while since I could manage a week off.

Thanks, I appreciate any input.

I have probably given up all places in South East Asia other than Philippines!!
How about Anilao? Even the California Academy of Science regarded it as " centre of the centre" for sea slug and small fishes!

Anilao looks good. I was just reading an article in Undercurrent talking it up, and of course there have been a lot of testimonials here on Scubaboard. I wonder how much regard I should give to severe tropical storm Songda? It looks like it will probably miss Anilao, but it will definitely miss Bali.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom