VA Beach - Saturday, March 22 - Lynnhaven - $50

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O-ring

Beyond the Pale
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Come on out and dust off that gear for some shallow ocean dives! We are diving off the Miss Lauren on Saturday in VA Beach...destinations are the subway cars and the tower/reef - depths between 50-80 fsw.

More info at www.ldcscuba.com and bookings are handled by calling the shop..

We stayed at the Tower for the duration of the trip since we ended up not getting the numbers for the subway cars. Anyway, there were a bunch of us on the boat (the Miss Lauren, out of VA Beach) for so early in the season and my hat is off to all the OW students doing checkouts today! Man, they were amazing...feeding the fish one minute, then getting geared up and jumping in...they were all diving wet, some of them rental wetsuits! One girl even told me she had a great time and didn't get cold until the second dive (you gotta love East Coast divers..).

Temp on the surface was about 72 and was one of the most beautiful days I have seen. Seas were relatively flat. Water temp was 41 and visibility was a marginal 3-4'. I didn't see a single fish, but there were some nice starfish and other clingy things on the tower. I was covered with tiny shrimp when I surfaced and brought a ton of them home in my gearbags (not on purpose).

O-ring any dates planned for lake rawling? You guys do any drills while your there? I,m new i would like to get all the practice i can.

aquasport once bubbled...
O-ring any dates planned for lake rawling? You guys do any drills while your there? I,m new i would like to get all the practice i can.

dmdalton also meets with a lot of groups at Mt. Storm to do practice and that may even be closer than Rawlings for you. If you want to put together a Rawlings trip, that would be cool...I guess just post it somewhere in here and we will coordinate with others.

There is another practice quarry trip at Dutch Springs (PA) on April 12-13. A lot of us are driving up on Friday the 11th and this would be another good chance to get wet before the season gets going. Here's a link to the thread:

http://www.scubaboard.com/t24177/s.html

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom