V Nose Block for OceanReef masks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Surprised soneone hasn't marketed these although guess would only be small percentage of divers doing this.

I dive both the OTS Guardian and the OceanReef G.Divers masks. Each have their pros and cons. However, I have always favored the V Style nose block from the OTS guardian and really disliked the nostril blocks from the OceanReef.

The issue with the OceanReef is that by just blocking the nostrils the Valsalva maneuver has to inflate the nostrils and the estuation tubes. For me, I have small estuation tubes and the easiest place for the air to escape is to find it's way out from under the nostril block rather than pressurize the estuation tubes.

View attachment 619822

Recently I prototyped and produced a V style block for the OceanReef that resembles the OTS block and so far I am very pleased with it. The black is a soft rubber so it collapses and makes a nice seal around the nose and the nostrils rather than inflate the lower nasal cavity.

The height is adjustable in the same way as the stock bracket. The depth is adjustable by adjusting the two screws under the rubber V block.
View attachment 619824

The V block just presses onto the posts with a snug friction fit for easy removal.
View attachment 619825

Here is the first working prototype with a white bracket. I plan to have the bracket remade in black.
View attachment 619823

IMO, this really makes the G.Diver enjoyable for me to dive with again. Anyway, I hope someone finds this interesting.
Would you be willing to sell me the adapter? I just got an Ocean Reef mask for my wife and she has trouble equalizing.

Since he's not been active in some time, I am now starting to look into replicating the work that MidwestDiver1994 had previously completed. There seems to be a few of us that are in the same boat here, so I'll post any updates that I get here for transparency and if anyone wants to pitch in, let me know.

First step that I'm taking: I'm going to ask around to see if I can get one of my local dive shops to order a few of the OTS parts:

ITEM NO.
SPLASH CODE
PART NO.
DESCRIPTION
M15​
875003-000​
WIRE FORM, EQUALIZING BLOCK​
M16​
244018-000​
SCREW,EQUALIZING WIRE FORM​
M19​
910385-000​
EQUALIZING KIT,OTS,FFM

otsmask.jpg

Since he's not been active in some time, I am now starting to look into replicating the work that MidwestDiver1994 had previously completed. There seems to be a few of us that are in the same boat here, so I'll post any updates that I get here for transparency and if anyone wants to pitch in, let me know.

First step that I'm taking: I'm going to ask around to see if I can get one of my local dive shops to order a few of the OTS parts:

ITEM NO.
SPLASH CODE
PART NO.
DESCRIPTION
M15​
875003-000​
WIRE FORM, EQUALIZING BLOCK​
M16​
244018-000​
SCREW,EQUALIZING WIRE FORM​
M19​
910385-000​
EQUALIZING KIT,OTS,FFM

View attachment 803881

I’ve just be modified the original one. But i’m gonna try printing or modifying a model like this

I’ve got some steel wire and made bracket with pliers, but it’s kinda hard to nail down proper size and angle.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom