UWLD Heat Controllers Upgrade

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bobby

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Our heat controllers have been out for 4 years and are very popular. Until this year they have also been extremely reliable. We have had a high amount of Piezo switch failures, in the controllers only. They use a different Piezo switch than our lights. After a lot of head scratching and testing I figured out that it is a design issue with the LED indicator light in the switch.
So I set out to fix the problem. Along the way I thought why not add some functionality to make it even better. Now we have our own engineered solution that I'm confident will be up to the UWLD reliability standards. It also provides battery status indication. No more guessing about where your battery is or whether you need to recharge it. One of the worst things for a Li-ION battery is to charge it when it doesn't need it, it will shorten the life of the battery. The next worst thing is to not have enough battery to get you through the decompression obligation with heat. We solve both of these issues with the change and yes, it can be retrofitted to all past UWLD heat controllers.
This is how it will work. If you want to retrofit your existing controller the cost is $128.00 USD. If your switch fails then we will retrofit under warranty. We will not warranty damaged or abused switches.
The heat controller maintains the 5 levels of heat control, constant heat for each setting regardless of battery voltage, etc.. Now there are three much brighter LED's (compared to the LED in the old switch) and battery status indication.
https://uwlightdude.com/heating-solutions/

Attachments

• IMG_20191030_141914.jpg
    IMG_20191030_141914.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_20191030_141905.jpg
    IMG_20191030_141905.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_20191030_141852.jpg
    IMG_20191030_141852.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 112

Back