UWATEC SMART Tec

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Does anyone know whether the UWATEC/Scubapro SMART Tec dive computer will be making an appearance? I would love to see a picture and/or learn more.

Scubapro wasn't there this year. If you want a tec computer, you might want to look at a Vr-2 or Vr-3.

r37691:
Scubapro wasn't there this year. If you want a tec computer, you might want to look at a Vr-2 or Vr-3.

I'm not considering buying a SMART Tec, I'm just curious (also just bought an Atom). I would LOVE to have a VR3 with Dolphin SCR interface, unfortunately I don't have that kind of money to throw around. I would hardly call a VR2 a "tec computer".

I am lucky enough to work for a fairly large ScubaPro dealer in Florida and have had the chance to play with (not dive with though) all of their new equipment. The new hockey pucks are not pelagic clones. The new Uwatec hockey pucks have many more bells and whistles and are very user friendly and are going to be cheaper than the pelagic. As far as the hoseless tec, I was not impressed, probably b/c i dabble in tech diving (if it is possible to dabble in tech diving) and already have a hoseless computer that I just don't trust. In a couple of years of diving w/ the hoseless I have never had a problem losing transmission but still don't trust it. Unless I am doing a "recreational" dive i always carry a b/u pg.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom