Uwatec Smart Pro IRda problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JRC58

Registered
Reaction score
Sailing around the world, currently in the Philipp
# of dives
500 - 999
I can't get my dives transferred from the Smart Pro to my lap top. I keep getting the "not connected" message.
I have updated Smart Trak to the latest version. Device manager says the IR dongle is working properly. A friends lap top will recognize the Smart Pro (but he doesn't have the Smart Trak program so couldn't transfer) so I think the problem is not with the dive computer.
I know I must be missing something simple but I can' think what it might be-any ideas??
Jim

I have found that the transmit range is very small. Make sure that the cover is open, the console is on, and that the IR dongle is pointed at the transmit window on the console. I usually have mine within a few inches of the console.

I love the computer. But come on, in the era of bluetooth technology, IR is so 1980's,

If you are using the McAfee virus program that probably is the problem (even if it is disabled). After talking to someone at my LDS I switched to Norton and it has worked fine ever since then.

Steve

The IR failed on mine within the first 40 dives. My LDS called ScubaPro and they said to send it back. My LDS gave me a new computer right off the shelf. Ironicly another customer came in while I was there and complained of the same problem.

JRC58:
Thanks Guys, I tried all of the above and it still didn't work. I'm starting to believe that my laptop is the main problem.
Jim
It's also speed sensitive. you need to set the max speed for the IR dongle to 19.200.

I believe this was in the device manager, or control panel (if you have it in both, set it in both).

Also, there's no need for a gap between the dive computer and the dongle. Just stick the dongle right on the window on the computer.

It's also timing dependant. You need to activate the computer, the immediately do the software and connect them.

Terry

OK, back to square one. Nothing has worked yet. I see on the Uwatec website that they have listed several IrDa dongles that have been tested and work. Seems like one dongle would be the same as any other, I have tried two different ones so far to no avail. This is quite frustrating as I can not only not download dives, I can't change any settings either.
Jim

I believe their software is chipset dependent, as far as IR compatibility. I am lucky that it seems to work fine with the built-in IR in my laptop, because it didn't work with the IR dongle on my desktop system.

Works great with my Treo, however, into the AquaDiveLog app, and then imports directly into SmartTrak after I hotsync. Very nice to enter my logs right on the dive boat with only my Treo, no laptop needed.

Back
Top Bottom