Uwatec/Scubapro IrDA MA-620

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
Hi everyone,
I desperately need the driver for the Uwatec/Scubapro IrDA MA-620.
I contacted the manufacturer (Mobile Action Technology Inc.) who has dismissed it.
I contacted Scubapro-USA and I was told to ask their branch in Italy, where I live.
Scubapro-Italy gave me some complicated explanations but , in essence, they too seems unable to provide me with such driver.
Can anybody help me?
Many thanks
Fabio

The device is probably a widely used chip with a stamp put onto it, so if you find the original manufacturer youll find drivers that work..
Personally I am just using a cheap pos usb irda dongle and it works perfect. Thats the good thing about irda and bluetooth, its standardized protocols that work independent on manufacturer :)

Hi everyone,
I desperately need the driver for the Uwatec/Scubapro IrDA MA-620.
I contacted the manufacturer (Mobile Action Technology Inc.) who has dismissed it.
I contacted Scubapro-USA and I was told to ask their branch in Italy, where I live.
Scubapro-Italy gave me some complicated explanations but , in essence, they too seems unable to provide me with such driver.
Can anybody help me?
Many thanks
Fabio

Have you tried the IrDA driver link on the SP website?

SCUBAPRO - USB INFRARED INTERFACE (IRDA)

Last edited:
Try this:

Buy the cheapest IRDA dongle that you can find with an extender cable. Auto-install the IRDA device. Prop the dongle so that it rests directly (meaning touching the plastic cover) over your dive computer's IR input. It will work.

You do not have to use ScubaPro's IrDA transmitter.

The only time I have had an issue with drivers is when the computer Operating System is 64-bit and the IrDA is not. You do need a 64-bit driver to work on a 64-bit system. If you cannot find one, buy any other 64-bit IrDA transmitter.

And they don't have to be touching. Mine downloads nicely at 6-8 inches, and have over longer distances up to 3 feet, 1m.

Well, yeah. But we don't know what computer or port he is using. USB 1,2 or 3? So worst case, you could have a current hog IR diode on a low power, low throughput port.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom