Uwatec-Galelio

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There's one at the shop that work at. I haven't had a chance to play with it yet though...

Absolutely great computer, been using one since November, have 81 dives on it no problems thus far. They have had 1 update to add the feature for Profile Dependent Intermidiate Stops that was a free download and about 7 minutes to install. For me, being able to monitor my heart rate increased my breathing efficiency greatly, simply set a alarm and if it went off, time to check what I was doing and slow down. Went from about an average of 100 bpm to and avg of 73.

Navigation of the menus are effortless and intuitive, large print, several different screen modes to choos from and the ability to completely flip the display for reading it upside down (well not really that big of deal but neat). Lots of nice features, the hoseless integration seems to be rock solid, even with the transmitter mounted cross body.

Pretty pricey, but heck it was worth it. Will probably pave the road for the next generation of dive computers.

I have this computer and have been diving it the last couple of months. I LOVE IT. I really like how easy the screen is to read and navigate. Any information your heart desires is right there at your fingertips. The compass feature is awesome. It works at any angle. I like to be able to monitor my heart rate although I turned off the audible alarm for workload. I seem to make it go off all the time. I guess what I think makes this computer so great is how easy it is to use. The buttons always say exactly what they do. Also, for 1900 one transmitter is already included. I highly recommend this computer.

$1900 + $200(?) per transmitter. I can think of a lot better place to put my money.

So most of us would surmise you haven't used it yet then, :lotsalove:, all in good fun my man. The op asked had anyone used it, pretty much limited the requests for replies to folks who have used it, not folks who never had because they had better places to put their money.

anyone seen or used this new computer yet, im thinking of getting it.

So most of us would surmise you haven't used it yet then, :lotsalove:, all in good fun my man. The op asked had anyone used it, pretty much limited the requests for replies to folks who have used it, not folks who never had because they had better places to put their money.

My reading comprehension is quite good, thanks. Is there a point to your post?

I spent an hour with the West Cost SP rep on Saturday going over the computer, read the manual and played with the LDS demo model. I won't speak for you or other members, but for me, that qualifies as having seen the computer. My reply was a kind way of stating that the computer was overpriced overkill.
As for the heart rate monitor... The SP rep stated that this feature is not used very much, yet is highly marketed. The reality is that if you are breathing hard, your heart rate will be accelerated. I don't need a computer to tell me I am breathing hard.

I agree this is a step forward in the future of computers, but a step away from the thinking diver.

29 I like the computer too but how many of these things do I really need? It looks like a fun computer and maybe, eventually I"ll spring for one but my smartcom and smartec will have to do.

I think it'll sell well overall just cause it costs so much.

Back
Top Bottom