uwatec aladin 2G dive computer log disappeared

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sipadiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
# of dives
200 - 499
hi. i have an aladin 2G computer which I've owned since 2008. Battery is great.

I've done about 148 dives with it.

My laptop which stores the logs just died.

I used my work notebook to transfer the log from the aladin but its only showing the data ffrom the last dive trip, just 25 dives.

I checked the dive computer settings and its showing my personal stats that I've done 148 dives. But its only revealing the data for the last 25.

Whats happened? And can I fix it?

Ouch --

I believe the Tec 2G saves around the last 100 dives.

Try: Create a New logbook. Then hook up and transfer dives, and see if it will download everything. I suspect there is a 'pointer' set that downloads the latest dives. I'm not at home, so I don't have the software.

Also, try downloading and installing the newest software, then download. The whole idea is to start without any previous pointers.

Did your hard drive die? Maybe you can find someone who can plug in your hard drive and copy your files to DVD.

According to the manual (see the Logbook section) "A dive is entered in the logbook if the dive time is longer than 2 minutes. ALADIN 2G records the profiles of about 25 hours of
diving. In Apnea mode all dives are entered in the logbook without time limit and at
least 6h of Apnea profiles will be stored." The key word is "about". The same applies to ALADIN Tec.

Reactions: Jax
According to the manual (see the Logbook section) "A dive is entered in the logbook if the dive time is longer than 2 minutes. ALADIN 2G records the profiles of about 25 hours of
diving. In Apnea mode all dives are entered in the logbook without time limit and at
least 6h of Apnea profiles will be stored." The key word is "about". The same applies to ALADIN Tec.

Good catch . . . 25 dives, each about an hour . . . darn.

I had an interesting experience with my old Tec 2G logbook. Everything worked fine for about two years downloading to my laptop. Then one day I went to download a set of dives and the Smart Trak software AND dive log had disappeared! I certainly don't fault the dive computer, but I have yet to figure out why that might have happened.

Im not sure about the aladin but most dive computers only save the last 25 complete dive logs, they will show the total done but only give you the data on the last 25. Im not totally sure about the aladin but that is my guess

no hard drive in a diving computer.
just a small memory.

Must not have been clear . .. :)

His laptop, with his logs, "died".

If it wasn't the hard drive that died (say, power supply, video card, etc), then the laptop drive could be plugged into another machine and the files removed.

I think the Geek Squad or any other computer repair store offers that service.

Must not have been clear . .. :)

His laptop, with his logs, "died".

If it wasn't the hard drive that died (say, power supply, video card, etc), then the laptop drive could be plugged into another machine and the files removed.

I think the Geek Squad or any other computer repair store offers that service.
he has been very clear
died laptop.
and after transferring his diving computer logs on another laptop, he asked why datas are missing.

so, instead of answering : RTFM (read the ****ing manual) , i explained the diving computer has no hard drive to store 100 000 hours of datas :no:

Yes, the last 25 dives were roughly 1 hour each. I guess the older records/dives were over-written. I did save my logbook records on other computers but they only contained my 2008 dives, not the 2009 and 2010 data.

The Asus notebook computer which had the infrared reader contained most of the data. I may have saved it on one my usb sticks...

In passing, one of the reasons the data was not saved was because I could not carry the notebook with me due to its weight. I have a smaller workhorse netbook which I bring along on my travels. Weighs less about 1.5kg and slips easily into my pouch bag. But it has no infrared reader.

I purchased a USB IRDA infrared dongle from ebay for $8. And used it on my workhorse netbook together with the smarttrak program and retrieved the 25 dives.

The data is actually quite small, about 1mb. So to be honest I was a little surprised that the dive computer would not contain a brief summary of the older dive logs.

Back
Top Bottom