UW Debut: Ft. Bragg/Mendocino

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hippocampus

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I just got my first 'real' underwater setup, a Fuji Finepix F31fd and its Fuji housing and these are my very first pictures, many more to follow hopefully :).

Since I am new to diving as well I have absolutely no idea what the names of those creatures are, I can label them 'Fish' or 'Anemone' or 'Crab', but I have no idea about their real names, so if anyone wants to comment on what I have here, feel free to do so, especially on my unknown creature, I have never seen anything like that :).

All pictures are straight out of the camera, no editing at all, some with the internal flash and some with partial ambient lighting.

Glass Beach, Ft. Bragg CA:

Crab

741220468_a0fd842996_b.jpg

Fish

741399832_d8d74df2e6_b.jpg

Trash, as Glass Beach has been a dump site years ago...this one is fairly recent though, you can see pieces of glass worn smooth over the years on some of the other pictures, beachgoers are all over there collecting interesting pieces

741173504_56c93065b4_b.jpg

Van Damme State Park, Mendocino, CA:

Another Fish :)

741400410_5dcfbf3ff4_b.jpg

Starfish Detail

741400286_97b0de038a_b.jpg

Anemone

741400112_ada3a8ae6d_b.jpg

And, finally my unknown creature

741399992_761c98ef55_b.jpg

I hope you enjoy viewing them as much as I enjoyed taking them :)

That unknown one is an upside-down gumboot chiton (the largest species in the world) being eaten by an anemone. I've never seen that before. Maybe the chiton fell into the anemone's mouth and the anemone reacted by closing up around it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom