Utila Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Johnny Kain

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have been really busy since returning from Utila so it has taken a couple of months (Trip was March 6-13) to get this posted but better late than never right?

First off we stayed at Laguna Beach Resort which was beutiful and everything positive that I have seen posted about Romina, Luciano, and the rest of the staff is accurate, they are all wonderful. As I have seen in Undercurrent and on this site, the food is just OK.

Some of the dive sites were Exceptional (Black Hills Mount) while others were just OK. We managed to see whale sharks on two seperate occasions, the second of which I jumped in to see a large whale shark headed right for me. It dove right beneath us which provided a great view. We were then treated to a special treat while waiting for the shark to resurface. A Blue Marlin was spotted under our boat and I was able to get in the water and get a decent look.

All in all it was a wonderful trip, at a great value and I would highly recommend the island and the resort.

Back
Top Bottom