UTD harness and razor or SUMP UK wing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have happily dived my full UTD z-System for a few years until the wing was punctured (in bizarre circumstances, but that's a story for another thread). I am based in the Philippines, and UTD is no longer distributed here. I'd like to keep using the UTD harness and I am considering either a Razor or a SUMP UK wing to replace the UTD z-Trim. Based on the structure of the harness, I think both wing should attach fine to the UTD harness. Any thoughts (before I buy either wing)?

Attachments

• UTD_harness.png
    UTD_harness.png
    293.9 KB · Views: 30
Both wing sharp designs are very similar, the lift are quite standard. SumpUK using a free rotating elbow and butt dump, while Razor provides a built in redundant bladder. I personally value the butt dump more than the redundant bladder. However, @vasproud Vas is the only guy I know who actively using and teaching both, maybe he can leave a short review here.

When I build a harness I use these

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom