UTD essentials class in key largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay thanks, that's good to know (and if I had seen that on the UTD site, I would have understood).

It may be that many people organize GUE classes, but when I went to their site, I could easily search and find upcoming Fundies classes (for example), but instructor, by state, by date, etc.

I'm not trying to complain, because UTD sounds great, and I bet I would love an Essentials class. But I just wonder if others, like me (only without having this handy thread to post to), might go away when they don't find information.

Thanks for responding to my query.

B.

The classes you'll see listed on the GUE website (and this is also true on the UTD website) are mostly those that some diver (or group of divers) has put together. They really only get listed once someone calls an instructor up and asks them to put it together.

I agree, when you don't know that, it can be a bit frustrating. Your best bet moving forward is to talk to a few instructors, find one you gel with, and see if you can't get something organized. Also try getting into contact with some local DIR divers (an instructor could also likely help with this). I'm sure they'd be happy to talk to you and get in some dives.

Blue Sparkle, if you click on the calendar tab on UTD's website it only gives you a list of upcoming classes that are actually scheduled. Rainer is right, if you locate a UTD instructor near you he/she will be more than happy to schedule a group class. The Essentials class will definitely help to refine your underwater skills.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom