UTD Cave Week Begins in Mexico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jeff_S

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
UTD Cave Week is off and running in Puerto Aventures and Tulum, Mexico. Kim Cardenas, and UTD Instructors Brian Wiederspan, Jeanna Edgerton, and I arrived on Wednesday to join our hosts, UTD cave instructors Ela Bertoni and Adam Korytko, owners of Cave Heaven. Kim and I finished Cave 1 with Ela, and it was amazing.

Then yesterday we were joined by Nick Ambrose, UTD Instructor George Watson, and two of Adam's clients, John and Sergio from Canada. Yesterday we dove Tajma Ha and did the upstream and downstream lines. Today is Grand Cenote. There's talk of one day at The Pit.

We'll be here throughout the week posting pictures, video, and dive reports. By all indications, this will be one of the coolest UTD Adventures events ever.

More to come.

Jeff

Attachments

• P1010631.JPG
    P1010631.JPG
    136.5 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC02028.JPG
    DSC02028.JPG
    148.4 KB · Views: 73
  • DSC01828.JPG
    DSC01828.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 67
  • P1010632.JPG
    P1010632.JPG
    148.8 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC01978.JPG
    DSC01978.JPG
    200.2 KB · Views: 59
  • DSC01895.JPG
    DSC01895.JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 52
Sounds like a blast, Jeff. Dive safe, as always.

The weather is a little nicer there than t home right now, I bet.

Greetings Jeff and awesome to see the pics!
Keep us posted the weather as FireInMyBones has mentioned looks far to nice there!
Ha! Ha! relish every minute of it both above and below the water.
Waiting for the trip report!

CamG Keep Diving....Keep Training....Keep Learning!

Day 2 at Cave Week was amazing...Grand Cenote saw the group diving both Cave 1 and Cave 2 level dives. Kim and I did the line to Paso de Largato then on dive two did the gap to Choc Hul. Adam and John did two similar dives. Watch for posts from Nick and Brian for their dives.

Conditions have been perfect. Weather amazing, water spotlessly clear, formations and decorations incredible. The peacefulness and mystical qualities of the caves make every dive unique.

Click here for some of the photos.

Jeff

I love Grand Cenote -- the variety of decorations there is amazing. We often do the Cuzan Nah loop as our first dive of the trip.

Tomorrow we're at Dos Ohos, and in the afternoon we're doing a demo on the Z-System Side Mount Diving System. Should be very fun.

Jeff

Good to see you guys having fun. I can't wait to get down there at the end of March!

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom