Utah dive spots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

goonsquad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Just looking for advice on some decent lakes near the SL valley to dive. Its about time for the ice to be coming off and the reservoirs to start warming up.

Anyone going out to Blue Lake soon?

Well what is your definition of descent? Right now we're still in the 'shoulder' season so you're limited to the Crater, Blue Lake, Sea Base, Meadows and Belmont Springs unless you want to venture to Sand Hollow or Bureston Ponds near Mona may be in the 50's right now.

Many divers will head to Strawberry for a day and hunt for crawdads once it warms up enough. Usually around June.

Deer Creek near sailboat beach has some diving before it warms up and gets packed with boats. Jordanelle in the narrows as well but you'll need a boat or ATV.

Around June you can try Bear Lake which will be low to mid 50's then as will Flaming Gorge. Pineview is somewhat fun in the rigth spots and is close but hit and miss for vis.

July or August Fish Lake is very cool.

I won't be out at Blue for a couple of weeks. There is still a couple of months of good weather left but it's getting close to horse fly season and I don't have a new saddle to ride them out to the lake yet. :wink:

Do any of you have any experience diving Lake Powell? I have a houseboat there at Bullfrog. I tried one short dive last year up a small canyon, but don't really know where or when it's best (or even good) to dive there.

We dove Blue Lake a couple week ago. Never again fri - sun, but I would like to go back mid week and try it again. It was in the middle 60's at the surface and upper 60's - lower 70's at depth. It was tolerable in my 3mm, but would've be a little more comfy in my 7mm.

Causey is actually pretty nice too- just up the road from Pineview.

+ for Fish Lake.

The shop I teach through, Dive Addicts, has several social dives, or "Dive-A-Longs" over the next few months. You are more than welcome to join us, there is a wide range of divers that come. Beginners to seasoned pros- diving anything from a single 80 to CCR. I am sure there will be other dates and locations added too.

Apr. 30 & May 1 – Blue Lake (Josh)
May 22 – Lake Mead
June 26 – Lake Powell
July 10 – Fish Lake (Josh)
Aug. 21 – Flaming Gorge
Sept. 18 – Deer Creek
Oct. 23 – Sand Hollow

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom