USS Oriskany

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sykarri

Registered
Reaction score
What's the farthest you've dove on the ship and what's the most interesting thing you've seen at this site?

The ship has been cleaned out so there isn't alot to see. My favorite five so far was scootering around the props and then inside the flight deck. If I remeber corectly the sand was 245' or so. It's been 3-4 yesrs since i went to it. I want to find a ride to the Ozark. That is supposed to be a much better dive. Till then the caves are where i will be diving.

I havent been back since I was 14, and wasn't able to go as deep as I'd have liked. Very little sea life also :/ is the Ozark in the N. FL area? I like wreck dives, but I also want a lot of life! Haha

AUE TRIP REPORTS

Yes it is about 60 miles off Panama City Beach. I have been told by more than one person it is the best dive in the gulf. It is over 300' to the sand and it is loaded with big fish from what I have been told. It is very rarely dived because of the depth and location. I definitely want to do it.

If you really like wrecks and money isn't an option I really enjoyed Truk Lagoon. The Great Lakes are good also due to the preservation of the wrecks.

Wow, sounds neat! I'll definitely have to look into it! Yeah, money is, unfortunately, an issue haha or I wouldn't be looking for sites in the states lol

Back
Top Bottom