USS Oriskany Air craft carrier sinking

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jurrasicdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
The sinking of the US Oriskany air craft carrier will be on the Discovery Channel on Oct 2 at 8:00

A demolition team's mission is to sink the USS Oriskany. It is 900 feet long and the most complex and best-built ship in naval warfare, creating the largest artificial reef in the world. Battling through four inch thick steel plating and hazardous waste, the team discovers the secret of sinking an aircraft carrier, and in the process, writes a new chapter in marine demolition.

Enjoy

JD

Where do you see that? Just looked at discoverychannel.com and directv.com and neither shows it on today at all. The next showing I have seen listed (according to discoverychannel.com) is Oct. 8 @ 1PM.

I just checked the history channel and did not see it there either.There is a show on ufos on.
You might get it up there due to scheduling differences than us in the lower 48.

wonder when its gonna be on DishNetwork...

We actually saw it on the Discovery Channel this weekend. Caught it by accident and was able to record it. It was good timing as we are scheduled to dive it this weekend.

It was a good/interesting documentary on the sinking but I would have liked to have seen more on the diving part of it. They just offered a quick dove clip at the end. Amazing that they were able to get it to sink and stay righted as they did.

Terri

truck1:
I just checked the history channel and did not see it there either.There is a show on ufos on.
You might get it up there due to scheduling differences than us in the lower 48.

Note, this is the OFWF forum and the schedules for Discovery, History channel, etc are entirely different up here in the frozen North. We aren't even allowed to see many of the shows broadcast in the US. :(

I'd love to get access to the newish, Water Channel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom