USNS Vandenberg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Div109

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Was wondering if anyone has dove the Vandenberg after Hurricane Irma went through Key West. I was there last July and have heard that it is now about 23 feet deeper. My dive partner and I were planning on going back in June, but I'd like to find out the condition of the ship.

Thanks

Ship is fine, turned about 30 degrees to starboard. 23 is an exaggeration, 10 is a lot closer to the truth.

Headed back there in March. Can't wait to get back in the Vandy! Most likely going to do our wreck training as well with Captains Corner. Sounds like she's open for diving, but any other local information would be great.

Headed back there in March. Can't wait to get back in the Vandy! Most likely going to do our wreck training as well with Captains Corner. Sounds like she's open for diving, but any other local information would be great.
What would you like to know? Captain's Corner dives it every day. DKW dives it most days. Lost Reef is busy filming a reality show, so they aren't diving much. I haven't seen anything out of South Point since the Storm, and Finz will dive anywhere you want.

What would you like to know? ....

Haven't heard a peep out of Seaclusive aka Playmate. Satellite photos show it's still floating.

Haven't heard a peep out of Seaclusive aka Playmate. Satellite photos show it's still floating.
Needs a little work before next season....

I'm looking to do some diving in the Keys. Most Key West charters have one boat and run AM and PM charters with tight time tables. Does anyone know any that can accommodate 2 deco dives (75-90 min each) on the Vandy without having to set up (and be on the hook for) a private charter?

Captains corner will allow you to make one deco dive rather than 2 NDL dives on a double dip.

Edit. I reread your question. No. Everyone comes home for lunch.

The only person I know that did that was me on the speigal grove and the vandy in the tech-wreck charters.

.... Does anyone know any that can accommodate 2 deco dives (75-90 min each) on the Vandy without having to set up (and be on the hook for) a private charter?

Are you looking for a single day, single person trip,,,,,or would you be willing to do a 3-4 day live aboard all tech trip that includes several lower keys wrecks?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom