Using Enegizer batteries in dive lights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheWetRookie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have as a extra dive light that I keep handy for a buddy that may need one. It is a UK-D4. I bought some Energizer batteries for it and they do not work. Duracell batteries work though. And I tried two different packages of new Energizer batteries.

Has anyone else had this problem or know why this might be?

Same problem here. If you look closely how the metal contacts the battery and then look at Duracelle and Energizer battery you will see why only the Duracelle battery works. The (-) side sticks out and makes contact where the Energizer doesn't stick out and cannot make contact.

Jeremy

That is just plain sad! I never even thought of it. Hmmm, modifications, here it comes.

Thank god for Scubaboard!!!!!!!! I just bought a case of energizers for all my daughters and my lights which happen to be uk's. That would have sucked because we were gonna change batterys in route to divesite.
That info was worth going RED. GOOOOOOOOOO SCUBABOARD

OK, modifications in place. Light works. I am just killing myself laughing here though. 4 pennies to make light work. One on each of the negatives. 2 on the bottom and 2 on the top. :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom