Using camera on OW course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife took photos during her 4th checkout dive. She just clipped it on her bc and when it wasn't her turn to do skills she snapped a few shots. They turned out fine.

ChrisA:
BTW thse disposable cameras work better then you might think. They claim to be water proof to only 15 feet but some of them will work at 40 feet. and if some of them floodit is no geat loss. That said, you will be better off with a digital camera.

Actually, the new Kodak disposable is good to 50 ft!

Zoe83:
Are you allowed to bring an underwater camera on your Open Water course? My husband and I are doing ours in 3 weeks and were thinking of getting a camera for it, i was shown a disposable type one that can be used a few times. I dont have the money for a top notch one so I would prefer to get a disposable type for this trip...but do the instructors allow them, or would they get in the way?

Your open water course is possibly the worst time to have your attention disctracted by photography. It is not like you are never going to have a chance to take pictures underwater again. Leave the camera at home and concentrate on your skills.

Bring the camera to your Advanced Open Water class.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom