Using both strobe and flash together

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheWetRookie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all,

I have upgraded my camera to a Canon powershot A620 with a Ikelite housing and I will soon have my old strobe mounted. So far I love this camera.

I was wondering though, do any of you use both the strobe and internal flash while taking pictures or once you put on the strobe, use the strobe only?

Thanks

Depends on the shot. On some macro shots I will use both but most of the time I only use the main strobe. If you use it for anything other than macro work where the backgound is very close to the camera, you will have a lot of back scatter..snow looking particals in the photos.

Depends on the shot. On some macro shots I will use both but most of the time I only use the main strobe. If you use it for anything other than macro work where the backgound is very close to the camera, you will have a lot of back scatter..snow looking particals in the photos.

Thanks,

Yes I forgot to mention that, that is what got me thinking about this was when taking macro shots with just the flash, I would have lots of light on one side of the pic/subject but not the other.

I often light the subject from the front with the internal flash and from either the side or top with the main strobe, it's all about how you want it lit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom