Using BC WEIGHT POCKETS for storage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DanBMW

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Out diving last weekend and came up with the idea (I can't believe it hasn't been thought of previously) to use the weight pockets or that area for the storage of safety items. I prefer a weight belt for lead and have had the empty pocket area just gathering dust.

Thought about maybe storing safety sausage, mirror there with any other item not needed on every dive.

Anyone doing this?

I use the pockets for a small amount of lead if I'm using my AL 80's (3#total), but if I'm using my Steel 85's, I dive with no lead. So I use the pockets for things like you mentioned, or anything I may find and want to carry back on board.

I dove a ScubaPro Classic Stab Jacket for years (not weight intergrated), and I could easily use the pockets on the vest. Now I am using a Nighthawk, and my one real complaint is that the rollout pocket stinks, with the weight intergration.

Safe diving to you.

I actually just got a weight belt so I can do this exact thing with my Zeagle BC. I think it's a great idea especially if you need more room to store safety/emergency equipment.

Back
Top Bottom