using a standard k valve on a euro 15L

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scottlee1

Reaction score
just a quick question that some of yall will surely be able to answer. I'm looking a buying a euro 15L tank. My question is: will a standard k valve fit a euro 15L steel tank? Or will have to buy and adapter of some sort? :confused: I've searched the other threads and really dont see one that has the information i need. or maybe im searching wrong. anyway any info will help thanks

just a quick question that some of yall will surely be able to answer. I'm looking a buying a euro 15L tank. My question is: will a standard k valve fit a euro 15L steel tank? Or will have to buy and adapter of some sort? :confused: I've searched the other threads and really dont see one that has the information i need. or maybe im searching wrong. anyway any info will help thanks

I expect you will see a thread design difference. Unfortunately, sometime the valve will actually seem to fit. But this would be a dangerous fit.

Phil Ellis
www.divesports.com

As Phil said most likely the neck threads will be different...M 25 2 threads

Ditto that - the threads will be different though the valve may seem to fit. At pressure the threads will fail and the valve will blow out like a bullet.

Have to ask why are you considering buying a EU cylinder??? They are just a hassle from the filling side because if you go to a shop as they should not be filled.

Yup, as others have said European cylinders have a metric M25x2 thread whilst cylinders in North America are typically imperial 3/4" NSP. A cylinder valve bought in America will therefore not fit safely into a European cylinder. In short, don't do it.

sure glad i asked, i'm new to the diving deal, so i figured i'd better ask the people who would know

thanks
scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom