Using a Scuba "Coathanger"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sytech

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I bought one of these a while back.

Am not sure what's the best way to "rig" this hanger with my gear.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Sy

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    30.5 KB · Views: 62
I bought one of these a while back.

Am not sure what's the best way to "rig" this hanger with my gear.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Sy

Well the round bit in the middle is supposed to simulate a tank so you can screw your first stage on to it and let the hoses & regs dangle but whether that is a good thing or not depends a lot on the hose arrangement and whether you use hose protectors to avoid sharp curves. So use good sense.
You can then put your neoprene on the hanger and finally the BC.

I had a feeling that the round bit was for that purpose but I leave my BCD inflated and the screw from the first stage hits the BCD which I don't like so I hang the regs. from another hook.

Thanks,

Sy

Well the round bit in the middle is supposed to simulate a tank so you can screw your first stage on to it and let the hoses & regs dangle but whether that is a good thing or not depends a lot on the hose arrangement and whether you use hose protectors to avoid sharp curves. So use good sense.
You can then put your neoprene on the hanger and finally the BC.

the squiggly things on the bottom look like they're meant for booties. The other hooks don't look sturdy enough for much of anything.

Sy,

What a great question! Anyone have a photo showing how they get the reg on with the BCD?

AZ

Somehow I doubt that anyone would really want to put ALL of their gear on one hanger. That seems like a lot of weight, and putting everything so close together can't be good for drying.

We use 3 separate hangers right now -- one for full suits, a second one gets the sleeveless core warmers , with regs slung around the "neck" in a way that doesn't kink the hoses. A 3rd hanger is one of the kinds specially designed to hold boots, gloves, and hood. BC's get hung upside down using the waist strap -- puts the inflator at the lowest point make makes it easier to collect and drain any remaining moisture.

Back
Top Bottom