USIA wrist seal replacement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shoreliner11

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Well after 9 months and over a 100 dives later, my wrist seal on my USIA drysuit ripped today. I'm not to keen on sending it to usia and waiting a month to get it back and pay alot for the work. Has anyone replaced their seals themselves? Thanks

Aaron

Well after 9 months and over a 100 dives later, my wrist seal on my USIA drysuit ripped today. I'm not to keen on sending it to usia and waiting a month to get it back and pay alot for the work. Has anyone replaced their seals themselves? Thanks

Aaron

Since you're in Seattle Underwater Sports can do it. I had my last two done there. Check the pricing. Sorry no I haven't tried it myself. Rather have someone else do it and do it right the first time.

It's not hard but the prep has to be done carefully. OS Systems has a nice kit available that contains everything you need to do it yourself. Check OSSystems.com. I have a USIA Aqua Pro Plus and have done my seals myself and it's not hard you just have to have to pay attention to what you are doing.

Good luck.

Yeah, Underwater Sports in Seattle would be a good place to take it. If you want to learn to do seals yourself, Northwest Outdoor Center (Seattle kayak lessons, rentals, sales located on Lake Union near downtown Seattle at Northwest Outdoor Center, NWOC. Demo Sea or Whitewater Kayaks and Paddles; Online Charts, Tides) on Lake Union sells the pb-300 glue/contact cement (UWS doesn't have the glue). You can probably get the seals from Underwater Sports--if the younger guys are working when you stop by, no problem (real nice guys, main reason I shop there). I heard the older guys can get a little cranky about selling seals only, though.

Thanks for the help guys. Not sure which way I'm going to go. I'll get a quote for a seal replacement from UWS and go from there.

Aaron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom