USIA Dry Suit 4-5XL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba_frog

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
$750 (includes shipping to 48 lower states) Used 4-5XL (not sure) USIA black scuba dive dry FRONT ENTRY suit with attached size 11-12 men’s boots. I purchased this used about 5 years ago and was told then it was a Pro model. I cannot confirm that. When purchased, I was 6ft, 300 lbs and had PLENTY of room for undergarment. I am a 32” inseam. It could accommodate a taller diver or a diver with a 34” inseam. I originally purchased the suit for my dry suit certification and then used it for 3 years. I have since lost some weight and purchased a custom suit. Has only been used in fresh water. Suit has newer wrist and neck seals that I maintain with Seal Saver. It does not leak and is ready to go in the open water. Comes with storage/duffle bag. Accept PayPal.

PICT0485.jpg
[/IMG]
PICT0487.jpg
[/IMG]

how wide is the waist if it is still available pls and how much do you expect for it

I am currently at work. I will measure and PM you the details this evening. Where are you from by the way.

Last edited:
PM sent.

NLFD163 - sorry, did not see this until this morning at work. Last night, I measured the waist for aadlan and the suit measures 26" across, so 52" total. But there is a piece of elastic across the back. It was a challenge, but I was able to pull an additional 2" and there was still a little more it can go. Plus, the way it closes, give a little more room. I'll explain in a minute. Not sure what you need. I'm have a 48" waist and have a lot of room, even with an undergarment. It would probably fit a 52-54 maybe even a 56 but it's hard to tell.

I saw your PM. I can get you more pics but you have to give me another day or so. Being an accountant, I'm not home much these days. I will try and get you some tonight or tomorrow...and also the chest size. I'm a 58 and again, plenty of room.

The way the entry works is pretty simple and allows for a lot of extra room. It zippers across the front slightly above the waist. There is a flap that, once the excess air is out, wraps around your torso and buckles in back. It is supposed to snap in front, but I found the strap got in the way too much so I shortened it so it now buckles in back. I'll try and get a pic of this.

As for the seals, they are 3-4 yrs old and have been treated with seal saver. They look to be in pretty good shape...no cracking. But as big as I am, I have a small neck (17" shirt collar) and wrists so depending on your size, seals may have to be trimmed more or even replaced to get what you need.

I'll try and post more pics of the entry but like I said, give me a day or two.

Thanks for the interest.

Ok, here are a few more pics...

After donning, zipper is in front...

PICT0488.jpg

PICT0489.jpg

Zip suit and seal zipper protector...

PICT0491.jpg

Takes straps and reach behind and snap together. There is a good 6-8" of excess strap.

PICT0492.jpg

PICT0494.jpg

PICT0495.jpg

PICT0496.jpg

That's it. Let me know if you need anything else.

Still for sale. Make me an offer.

I'm guessing probably late to the party, but I thought I'd ask if you still have that dry suit

Back
Top Bottom