Uses of the "Woobie"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2Tours N Iraq`

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Since the topic of "woobies" (poncho liners for those of you who don't know) have been a popular item of discussion in another thread, I figured why not see what everyone else's favorite uses of them are. As for me, I don't leave home without it as it's the only thing I have slept under since I deployed here to Iraq 8 months ago!

Best little blanket ever made. It's always in my backpack when I go camping and on SAR missions. Bunch of us sewed them in the old rain jacket to make a rather nice and comfy jacket for Germany.
It's also nice on the couch when I'm to cheap to turn up the furnace.

Woobie + Poncho= best lightweight sleeping bag ever. Add a zipper and you're gloden. Cut and sew up a hole where the hood meets it and you'll be dry and warm forever. Makes a good sun shelter too.

Wooo Hoooo I got a new one today at CIF along with 4 different types of shades (how many pairs of glasses does one need nowadays?).

Doing support for Katrina......mine stayed with me. I used it for cover when we had to stay in shelters....I used as a pillow sleeping b/w sites...I even used when we got to stay in a hotel..It's much better than the covers they put in those places.

I rate them right up there with : 550 cord and 100mph tape !!! :D

Kenny

Used it for shade in the desert.

Good for walls in the GP Med tents too. Poncho on one side, woobie on the other.

I want one....where do you get them? If I go into a military store and ask for a poncho and a woobie will they know what I am talking about or will they laugh at me?

I don't use my pancho much anymore...I like my roof..:05:

But, I still love the liner....Just go to an Army / Navy store and ask for a pancho liner. Or you might be able to talk some of the Active duty members to "appropriate" one for you. :D

Kenny

Lets see here:

Blanket
Pillow
Privacy wall
Sun Shelter
Wind Break-for cooking
TV cover
Stretcher-in a pinch
Ruck Sack padding
Smothering device-for that obnoxious tentmate
Weapons Silencer-sort of, potato works better