Useless Statistic of the Day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wetman

Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, i have no idea why i'm interested in this but - How much weight did you take off after you got more comfortable in the water from what you started with?

I went from anywhere around the mid 30s to from 6 to 10 depending on the undergarments. I really spent time on it earlier this year and was surprised at how much i needed to drop to be truly balanced.

steve

26-----------> 0

I was highly over-weighted!

with 7mm farmer john went from 30 to 15 pounds

Started at 17 lbs. and am down to 10. :nod:

Started at 28 lbs (weighed 225 lbs)

Gained 30 lbs...went down to a 26 lbs belt

Now I am back to 225-230, and have 24 lbs...total of only a 4lb drop, but I cannot get neutral 15 feet with less than 23 lbs...I've tried and tried....it just doesn't happen....so I dive with 24.

12kgs now down to 8kgs. That's salt water with a 3mm wetsuit for a 202 pound male.

8kg to 4kg with a 3mm full length in salt water. Thats when diving for fun.
When I'm guiding I like to be a bit overweighted, just in case somebody is underweighted (so I can pas them my spare weights) or I have to sink quickly to catch a "stray"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom