Used Suex XJ-S Maintenance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Manatee Diver

Stop throwing lettuce at me!
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Other than the obvious battery and nose o-ring, what else is there to look for if purchasing a used Suex? Trying to figure out if I want to take a chance on a used one or not.

Suex are great scooters,..
I have 4 of them, I was partner in a dealership and a service tech.

#1 keep the battery charged, charge it every month weather you use it or not.

the down side, Suex customer service SUCKS they always want the scooter back to fix what should be user replaceable parts. and if you don't live close to a service tech,... shipping will get expensive.

if you have any other questions fee free to hit me up

the down side, Suex customer service SUCKS they always want the scooter back to fix what should be user replaceable parts. and if you don't live close to a service tech,... shipping will get expensive.

That would annoy me, but fortunately D3 diving is near by, and I can easily make a side trip on my way to and from cave diving.

One of the advantages of living near cave country. A lot of the brands I deal with are local, or have a service rep near by.

That would annoy me, but fortunately D3 diving is near by, and I can easily make a side trip on my way to and from cave diving.

One of the advantages of living near cave country. A lot of the brands I deal with are local, or have a service rep near by.
like i said great scooters,..
have you dealt with Casey and D3 Yet?

have you dealt with Casey and D3 Yet?

Not knowingly, but it is such a small community here I am sure we've talked at least once or twice.

I picked up one of EE's rental scooters, they are upgrading to the newer models coming out shortly.

Not knowingly, but it is such a small community here I am sure we've talked at least once or twice.

I picked up one of EE's rental scooters, they are upgrading to the newer models coming out shortly.

Didn't you haver a BT when I met you last year? Is that being relegated to "backup/tow" scooter?

If you don't mind saying, how much is EE selling their XJ-S's for?

Didn't you haver a BT when I met you last year? Is that being relegated to "backup/tow" scooter?

Yes. After I figure out why it is flooding probably, but I want to put a trigger on it similar to the Suex. My biggest issue with the BT is that I hate the thumb trigger. I rented the XJ-S after my BT flooded and I fell in love with the trigger, even without the turbo I just prefer the finger trigger.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom