Used ProPlus 2 Service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sendero

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm looking at purchasing a Pro Plus 2 that was last serviced in ~2006. Are there things to look for when purchasing this? Or do I need to send it in for service for a full check-up and maintenance? What would be the ballpark price for that service?

I am not sure what there is really to do to service a PP2 other than replace the battery and associated o-ring for the battery compartment.

Well, I called them today and they have an annual service/check-up that they can do on it. It costs $45, which seems a bit high, but I figured I'd play it safe and go for it. Hopefully since they're in California it won't be a long turnaround time for it.

Well, I called them today and they have an annual service/check-up that they can do on it. It costs $45, which seems a bit high, but I figured I'd play it safe and go for it. Hopefully since they're in California it won't be a long turnaround time for it.

Do you know what they did for the service? If you haven't taken it in yet ask them what's involved. I'm curious what they do for the annual service on that.

I'm also wondering what is involved with the annual check. I've got a 1 year old PP2 with about 10 dives on it. I asked the guy that does my regulators, and he said to send it to him and he'd change the battery. I've got a battery change kit in my bag, so not sure I need to send the comupter if that's all they do. Any thoughts????

If your PP2 has the Quick Disconnect, the service will include taking the QD apart and replacing the small o rings in there and checking that mechanism for proper function. Aside from that, its a battery change.

Back
Top Bottom