Used Poseidon Xstream set Advice needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was told that my 3960 does not have one by the service tech that works on it, maybe he is mistaken.
This is what you're looking for on the first stage:
20210108_183546.jpg

And this spring-loaded separation is what you're looking for on a Jetstream.
20210108_183912.jpg

Thank you, that is exactly what mine looked like before I added the Omni Swivel to the second stage. I am not as familiar with how the Poseidon regs go together as I am with other designs, although I love how mine breathes. It is nice to know that it has the OPV.

The catalogue number is 0000-149 and currently retails for US 52.00; but you may already have one in the first stage. Have you seen its interior?

Mine was also an earlier model and it had the ruby, instead of the steel bearing; not sure when they switched . . .

I keep on sending it in to service by Poseidon. Probly ask the tech to look into it for next service then. And work from there.

what @Magnus Lundstedt said, the inconvenience of not having matching second stages and also doesn't work for doubles/sidemount/stage/deco where you only have one second stage on the bottle

Understand now. Yeah so omni+OPV for that.

I keep on sending it in to service by Poseidon. Probly ask the tech to look into it for next service then. And work from there.

Understand now. Yeah so omni+OPV for that.

The omniswivel branded adapters have the OPV built in, do not need an additional one

The omniswivel branded adapters have the OPV built in, do not need an additional one

Yeah thats what i meant act. Omniswivel with built in OPV.

Cheers again for the reminder.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom