Used dry suit recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

askdjasd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My friend just got her OW, but cannot afford a dry suit right now, and its getting close to the very best in diving!!!

I'm no dry god, i leak, and i dont even know how to properly use my own suit.

Where would be some good places to get a used dry suit
neoprene, shell, it's all good.
she's about 5'4 give or take.
preferably offline IF possible
but we'll take a look at some reputable online shops too :)

Love peace chicken grease!

The Great Pacific Diving Company

Talk to Mike. Tell him Gabriel sent you. He can whip up some good deals with ex-rental equipment.

There's always craigslist and usedvictoria.com. Usedvictoria seems to have more drysuits than craigslist Vancouver.

You might get lucky (that IS what you're looking for, afterall) at Cheapskates on W16th. They get suits once in a while... usually crap but sometimes there's a real deal.

The Great Pacific Diving Company

Talk to Mike. Tell him Gabriel sent you. He can whip up some good deals with ex-rental equipment.

There's always craigslist and usedvictoria.com. Usedvictoria seems to have more drysuits than craigslist Vancouver.

I talked to Mike and he said "Gabriel??? screw that guy" and hung up.

No, im kidding. I get fills from GPD. :)

Thanks for the tips, and big kiss to scott. when we going out? i heard you got 119's
jeez.
small dude big tank, its kind of hot.

Well if buying new doesn't put you off :), I got mine for $ 399 at Scubatoys, Mares Icefit 4mm, and love it. Warm enough without proper drysuit underwear at 50 degrees. It's quite contoured (read: tight in the middle on normal women :)), so it's kinda foolproof for beginners, not any great big bubbles of air bouncing around in there. Boots fit kinda big, bootstraps helped a lot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom