Used alum tank going price today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doctor Rig

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
i recently heard the going value for a (post 1990) aluminum 80 tank is $50. Just wondering is that with a current hydro, but not visual inspection, or what? Trying to figure out what a fair going price would be for a used (AL) tank depending on insecption/testing. Can anyone help me out?

$50 would most likely be out of hydro and vis, but also on the high end of the value

would have to be brushed and/or come with a convertible valve to be worth it imo.

I bought 20 tanks last year for under 30each. Out of hydro, but post 1990

I sell used tanks for $120 every week, in hydro and vip with fill.

For my area...used AL80’s are generally $50-100. $50 or so for out of hydro and/or vis. $90-100 for current hydro and vis.

I just picked up two Catalina AL80’s last month. 6/18 hydro and 10/18 vis (for both). They were $90 each with fill.

When I buy a used AL the cost is usually under $50. when I sell them, in hydro, vip, and filled, I charge $150.00-175.00.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom