Use of video light instead of strobe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mattxo

Reaction score
I have a Canon S45 with the Canon U/W housing. The camera has a 3-minute video mode.

I haven't yet bought a strobe, but it is clear I will need some extra light. Has anyone tried using a video light instead of a strobe? Can I just turn on the video light for stills and also use it for the short videos?

Have a Canon S400 and housing, which I used with a UK D4R dive torch with both still and video.

The results are at www.simonandmerith.com

I have subsequently bought a strobe, but clearly only for stills. I may well use the dive light for close of video, but IMHO for anything over a few feet away my torch is not going to be powerful enough...perhaps a proper video light might be better, but you can't be good ambient light :wink:

Hope this helps,
Simon

I always hate to respond this way to new members but if you'll use the search function and search this forum for HID or video lights, you'll find alot of info from previous discussions. This is a common questions to there's lots to find.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom