USB RS232 serial adapter for Zoop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I have an older Suunto Zoop with a serial RS232 connector, I would like to connect it to my PC, the problem is that my PC doesn't have a serial connector port. I was wondering if I can use a usb to serial adapter cable to connect it to my computer?

Does the older software load on your machine? I'm assuming the older software requires you to specify a COM port for the connection. USB to serial adapter should come with its own drivers to create a COM port. You may need to tweak the COM port settings so the Zoop software recognizes it, but i doubt it. I've used them in the past for POS applications with very little difficulty. Don't see why it wouldn't work for your purpose.

Thank you for the information. The software does load on my computer (its an older computer). I will order an adapter cable and give it a try and let you know how it goes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom