US Divers-What are you doing with the $600 rebate?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivingPrincessE

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
For those of us who will (probably) be getting the $600 tax rebate...

What are you going to do with the money to help the economy??

I'm either putting it towards a drysuit or using it to get a strobe. :D

My wife and I will be taking our $1200 plus $300 for our kid and investing in our future. If the government is giving us free money, what better way to use it?? Also looks like I will be buying some new equipment for my business as I will be able to write it off, hopefully take the full amount depending on the limits.

...If the government is giving us free money...

Actually...Technically speaking, they are simply taking a little less away from you. But clearly, the brainwashing works and people feel good about getting this "gift" :D

Z...

I always owe allot. So nothing. Besides it only really helps the economy if you but American. Might I suggest a DUI drysuit made in California.

My wife and I will be taking our $1200 plus $300 for our kid and investing in our future. If the government is giving us free money, what better way to use it??

I'd suggest you spend some of it on an economics class. Might help you better understand that it's YOUR money not the government's.

:D

Hmm I didn't expect this thread to be so negative...regardless whether it was our money to begin with, they are giving it back, which I think is very nice. I'm just going to be grateful.

First of all are we in a recession? GDP last three quarters was positive AMOF Q3 2007 was revised to 4.9% ...Rail Transports reported this week that they are having an increase in business. The dollar is cheap and exports are increasing...so why a stimulus package that even Republicans are signing up for??? Election year give pandering thats why...its so blatant it borders on idiocy ..and the taxpayers are tripping over themselves to get it.I find the entire thing to be disgusting.

So you get a loan from the government only to have your taxes increased to cover the cost, it is not free and it is not a rebate since folks who don't pay taxes get a check from the governement even though they don't contribute to the tax revenues...also you get a check and buy more junk from China ...adding to the landfils and the hoax of the century your carbon footprint ...ha ha ha ..Americans are just plan lemmings.

Do yourself a favor and show some discipline ..take the check and immediately buy an IRA and stick it straight up the politicians nose. Invest the money and don't touch it, stop the cycle of debt financing ...Xian Chin doesn't need a new pair of shows for his kids ...your kids need a collage fund!!!!!! Save it don't spend it at - the very least...

then again go ahead a buy a new VISIO LCD TV so the Chinese& Saudis can buy more of our corporate assests..knock your f'n self out!!!

Might help you better understand that it's YOUR money not the government's.

:D
I understand it but I'm having trouble convincing the IRS.

Do yourself a favor and show some discipline ..take the check and immediately buy an IRA and stick it straight up the politicians nose. Invest the money and don't touch it, stop the cycle of debt financing ...Xian Chin doesn't need a new pair of shows for his kids ...your kids need a collage fund!!!!!! Save it don't spend it at - the very least...

I already told the wife we were putting the whole thing plus into the IRA.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom