Us Divers Se2 ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gaudencio

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I like to increase the air intake in my SE2. I had it fixed by the dealer that I bought it from and he said that it is already on it's max. During my dive in bohol last May. My DM said that I can increase the air flow by adjusting the first stage. he has done it to his REG. Is this true or not?
Jimmy T. :wink:

I don't quite understand what you mean by increasing the flow of a regulator. A regulator is desonged for a certain flow rate and only so much air can get through that space.

The only thing I can think of is increasing the IP of the reg, and you wouldn't want to do that either. The manufacturer sets a recommended IP and you shouldn't run a reg at more than that as it increases the wear and tear on the parts...

.....you might be better served making sure your regulator is freshly serviced.....one of the very simple things you can do to greatly increase performance is make sure your 1st-stage 'filter' is new......even a little bit of contamination (like dried salt from an ocean dive) getting on that filter will greatly reduce your air flow.

Karl

You can ensure the intermediate pressure is at the top of the recommended range, but that is about it for increasing flow rate.

DA Aquamaster:
You can ensure the intermediate pressure is at the top of the recommended range, but that is about it for increasing flow rate.
I ever i had it adjusted. Will there be a considerable change in breathing. Will I notice it improves?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom