Us Divers Scan 4 Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Was wondering if anyone has ever used one of these comps. I was given one that has only been used 2 times. Put a new battery in it and started right up. Also found the manual on line. I know the comp is older but was wondering what anyone thinks of this comp and also is it easy to use? I have looked over the manual and it seems that its straight forward and does about everything for you. Only thing I cant find is how to turn it off. Does it shut down on it own after a certain amount of time? Anything someone knows about this comp would be helpful. Thank you.

I think all computers shut down on their own after a certain period. You would not want to accidentally press a button and shut the computer down - especially between dives..

Two things to be aware of with that model - one is that it has Manual activation and also it's an air-only computer - does not do Nitrox.

I got one years ago as a replacement for the Datascan 3 if I recall. I haven't used it in years, but like it. Easy to read and I liked having air integrated.
My diving now days involves a rebreather so no longer use the scan 4.

Al

Thank you all for the info, and I did find out that after 2 hours it shuts down. Just hope this comp doesn't eat up batteries. Thanks again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom