US Divers Pro Diver Regulator - Parts WANTED!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trickie Dickie

Registered
Reaction score
I've just acquired a First Stage for a US Divers Pro-Diver Regulator. I originally bought it to use on a Pony Cylinder, as I have a vintage Conshelf 14 which I bought 25 yrs ago and which is still going strong, for my primary air supply. Having Dry-breathed the Pro Diver, I'm seriously thinking about using it as my primary regulator and fitting my Conshelf Second stage to it.

Only problem is, my dive shop here in Australia, after telling me they could service it no probs, have, after I bought the bl00dy thing, now reneged and said they can't get parts for it. This has been confirmed by Aqua Lung (Australia) who say that they no longer support this model.

Now with a population of only 20 million, the chances of me getting rare parts in Australia are probably remote, so I'm widening my hunt to the Big Wide World.

Is there anyone out there in Cyberspace, who has or knows of someone who has a service kit (or kits) for this excellent regulator, which may be gathering dust on a shelf or in a drawer in a back room somewhere? And if so, do they want to sell and how much?

Much obliged for any help.

Richard
Hobart, Tasmania.

I have a complete Pro Diver first stage reg that you can cannibalize for parts, if you like. It seemed to work great last time I used it. Aqua Lung here in the US told me the same thing, so I replaced it with an SE2 (I kept the second stage).

cheers

Billy S.

Hi Billie,

Thanks foe replying. I'm really on the look out for a diaphragm, (1st stage) as my friend who NOW services my gear (a Royal Australian Navy Reserve Clearance Diver who just loves USD kit) tells me it will need replacing at some point in the near future.

Would you be interested in selling and if so, how much?

And where are you located? I'm in Tasmania, Australia. (The little Island on the South Eastern corner.)

TD

I also have a Pro Diver regulator that I am planning on using for a pony tank. I am the original owner and it only has about 5 dives in fresh water. Although I would prefer the Conshelf and its more compact design.

Some where I read that the Pro diver 1st stage had Conshelf internals and the parts were interchangable. The Pro diver has a larger body and is no longer in production though. I think I read it here and it was posted by a tech.

It does not make sense to spend the money for a totally new design and then drop it. Most regulator designs are based on other designs. Thus I think there is some truth to the post I read.

Mojostone:
I also have a Pro Diver regulator that I am planning on using for a pony tank. I am the original owner and it only has about 5 dives in fresh water. Although I would prefer the Conshelf and its more compact design.

Some where I read that the Pro diver 1st stage had Conshelf internals and the parts were interchangable. The Pro diver has a larger body and is no longer in production though. I think I read it here and it was posted by a tech.

It does not make sense to spend the money for a totally new design and then drop it. Most regulator designs are based on other designs. Thus I think there is some truth to the post I read.

USD is known to do that. The XIV parts kits work for the XI and the XII as well as the new stuff. I have never cracked open a Pro Diver. I would try to compare the internals to a Conshelf if I could.

Creed:
USD is known to do that. The XIV parts kits work for the XI and the XII as well as the new stuff. I have never cracked open a Pro Diver. I would try to compare the internals to a Conshelf if I could.

Well latest news on this issue is that my Navy friend has trawled through the guts of my Prodiver 1st Stage and said exactly the same thing, it's identical to the innerds of the Conny 14. Comparing the two externally, both of the cylinders are the same length and the water inlet to the chamber is of almost identical appearance and size. It would appear that the only real difference is that the casting of the Prodiver first stage is a much bigger lump of brass, forming a conical profile, (compared with the barrel shaped cylinder of the Conny) to offset the hose outlets so as to facilitate improved routing. Less of a strain on the hoses.

Since it was serviced, I've had a quick go on it whilst under the briny and was very impressed. I quite like it's heavier build, as it nicely offsets the buoyancy of my Aluminium pony cylinder.

During my www research on this valve, I found some references which implied poor cold water performance, which could be quite damning for Northern Hemisphere sales, but as we rarely dive in water much cooler than 11C here in Tasmania (Winter at the moment brrrrr) that is no concern for me.

So much for AquaLung though, the lying pr1cks told me that they no longer supply parts for this reg, when the Conshelf 14 parts work fine. I'd have expected better from a Company of their reputation. What's the point inextolling the bullet proof and long- lived nature of your product if you cynically encumber it with planned obsolesence?

TD

Trickie Dickie:
Well latest news on this issue is that my Navy friend has trawled through the guts of my Prodiver 1st Stage and said exactly the same thing, it's identical to the innerds of the Conny 14. Comparing the two externally, both of the cylinders are the same length and the water inlet to the chamber is of almost identical appearance and size. It would appear that the only real difference is that the casting of the Prodiver first stage is a much bigger lump of brass, forming a conical profile, (compared with the barrel shaped cylinder of the Conny) to offset the hose outlets so as to facilitate improved routing. Less of a strain on the hoses.

Since it was serviced, I've had a quick go on it whilst under the briny and was very impressed. I quite like it's heavier build, as it nicely offsets the buoyancy of my Aluminium pony cylinder.

During my www research on this valve, I found some references which implied poor cold water performance, which could be quite damning for Northern Hemisphere sales, but as we rarely dive in water much cooler than 11C here in Tasmania (Winter at the moment brrrrr) that is no concern for me.

So much for AquaLung though, the lying pr1cks told me that they no longer supply parts for this reg, when the Conshelf 14 parts work fine. I'd have expected better from a Company of their reputation. What's the point inextolling the bullet proof and long- lived nature of your product if you cynically encumber it with planned obsolesence?

TD

Actually, I think that they quit officially supporting some older regs because they have stopped making body parts. So, if you come in with a bent yoke or whatnot, you can't get a replacement. Therefore, they can't say that they "support" the product.

I dive older Conshelf series regulators. Fully half of my rigs are unsupported, regardless of the fact that they also use the Conshelf XIV parts. In fact, at least one of their double hose regulators use the Conshelf parts. I like their evolutionary approach to design.

Creed:
Actually, I think that they quit officially supporting some older regs because they have stopped making body parts. So, if you come in with a bent yoke or whatnot, you can't get a replacement. Therefore, they can't say that they "support" the product.

I dive older Conshelf series regulators. Fully half of my rigs are unsupported, regardless of the fact that they also use the Conshelf XIV parts. In fact, at least one of their double hose regulators use the Conshelf parts. I like their evolutionary approach to design.

Same here, I am still using the Coony 14 I bought in 1981.

OK, well fair enough regarding parts but if I broke a yoke, I'd just sling it and buy a new one. If I was in a big enough ruck to damage the yoke, I don't reckon I'd be diving (or walking )again anyway.

TD

Trickie Dickie:
Well latest news on this issue is that my Navy friend has trawled through the guts of my Prodiver 1st Stage and said exactly the same thing, it's identical to the innerds of the Conny 14. Comparing the two externally, both of the cylinders are the same length and the water inlet to the chamber is of almost identical appearance and size. It would appear that the only real difference is that the casting of the Prodiver first stage is a much bigger lump of brass, forming a conical profile, (compared with the barrel shaped cylinder of the Conny) to offset the hose outlets so as to facilitate improved routing. Less of a strain on the hoses.TD

No kidding?!

Thanks for the info there; I'm glad that you were able to resuscitate your reg.

cheers

Billy S.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom