US Divers Pro Diver reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Moogyboy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
hiyall

My latest plea for general/basic info on and impressions of a reg. As far as I can gather from the scant references to this reg here, it has a "funny shaped" 1st stage and a 2nd stage very similar to an SE2 (apparently that's a good thing). Can anyone add anything?

cheers

Billy S.

Another interesting wrinkle I uncovered: at www.aquanaut.com.au I found a reference to the SE2 and Pro Diver placing 1st and 2nd in US Navy tests, and then a mention that these two regs were more recently "improved" into the Titan and Legend regs. Am I to assume that the Pro Diver is in fact the direct predecessor of the Aqualung Legend, which I understand is their supremo current reg??

Zowie, I may have hit the jackpot...I won one of these on eBay last night for $60.

cheers

Billy S.

Uh, I don't know about the legend, but the Conshelf and SEA series of regs are the same as the Titan. I have people drop them off for service regularly. they perform very well. It is only the costof the parts that you need worry about. They have the same internals and performance as the titan, just the titan has a more modern look. As for the weirdly shaped second stage. If it is what I am thinking of, iot may not be as common as the conshelf.

rescuediver009:
Uh, I don't know about the legend, but the Conshelf and SEA series of regs are the same as the Titan. I have people drop them off for service regularly. they perform very well. It is only the costof the parts that you need worry about. They have the same internals and performance as the titan, just the titan has a more modern look. As for the weirdly shaped second stage. If it is what I am thinking of, iot may not be as common as the conshelf.

1st stage is kinda cone- or top-shaped. I didn't see any obvious openings so it may be sealed. I have no idea whether it is a piston or diaphragm, balanced or unbalanced, whatever.

Our local USD dealer (Subaquatics, Reynoldsburg OH) says that a basic service will run $80-100.

cheers

Billy S.

Piston I think. It has the two pin wrench anchor points in the bottom right? Angled ports? Yep, I think I know the reg, have never tried one though. If it is serviceable, most definetely go for it.

I got it Monday. It is a heavy mother! My impression is that the hose is either fatter or stiffer than I'm used to; the whole thing seems to be a heavy duty piece. I attached the gauges from my old Enduro rig, popped it on my tank and tried it out; the tank pressure was down around 500psi so it was a little hard to breathe, but it seemed quite smooth compared to my Dacor Viper TEC. I can't wait to try it with a full tank.

I did notice an opening: a slot shaped hole that looks like a screw head. Yes, the ports are angled, and there are two flat spots where I guess you could put a wrench. The local LDS guy told me that he guessed they could service it, they regularly service USD regs 20 or 25 years old (as I expected); I don't see any reason that this thing would be obsolete. I am quite happy! As soon as I get an octo for it and get the whole thing serviced...whoopee!

cheers

Billy S.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom