US Divers Conshelf XIV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SamDiver14

Contributor
Reaction score
Just wondering if any of you guy had any info about this reg. I have the first and second stage, as well as the SPG and console. This is all original stuff and it works perfectly. I just had the yearly done on it. Anyway, is this thing worth keeping around? Anyone have an idea of what the dollar value would be? I understand that this is one of the original regs and it is certainly old, would it be vintage?

I have one that is still going strong, I get it serviced about every two years. I never thought about it, I guess an 81 is old. It was my new Reg for the longest time. I have a couple of Scubapro MK 10/ G250s too. If its serviced regularly you shouldn't have any problem. A Conshelf I would be an original vintage, you've got the new improved version.

SamDiver14:
Just wondering if any of you guy had any info about this reg. I have the first and second stage, as well as the SPG and console. This is all original stuff and it works perfectly. I just had the yearly done on it. Anyway, is this thing worth keeping around? Anyone have an idea of what the dollar value would be? I understand that this is one of the original regs and it is certainly old, would it be vintage?

My experience with Conshelf XIV has been a very positive one since they were first made. Easy to service, very reliable, take abuse readily, and definitely worth keeping because parts are easy to find for them and remain inexpensive. I plan on keeping mine even after one can no longer find parts for them. It will continue to remind me of the plethora of dives I have done with it and how it worked flawlessly even in the most harsh and dangerous dives I had to complete as it sits as a paperweight on my desk. What $$$ value can you put on that?

The Conshelf XIV is still sold by Aqualung.

Obviously, parts are still available. Even if it were discontinued, the same basic design was used in the other Conshelf regs, the SE series and SEA series (the differences were differences in port sizes and arrangements) and all use the same annual sevice kit.

Aqualung has also always been very good about maintinaing parts and service support for discontinued models so I don't forsee any reason to retire a Conshelf XIV anytime in the forseeable future.

Nah, you don;t want that old thing! I'll take that old peice of junk off your hands for you...... I'll even pay shipping just to make it easy!

:D

Anyone know what the difference is between The US Divers Pro diver regs and Conshelfs? One dive shop (the one I bought it from) told me I wouldn't have any trouble finding rebuild kits for it, but a second store (who was trying to sell me a new reg) thought I wouldn't be able to. Anybody more knowledgeable?

Thanks

Jake

Yes I have an idea, an old conshelf is unique in that you can remove the reg from your mouth and drive a nail with it, it will still work when the house is finished. I'v had one for near 20 yrs, got it used and still do all my beach diving with it. It aint purdy but it will always work if ya still have air.
Bill

My two main single hose regulators are a Conshelf XIV and a Conshelf XI. Both work great(the XI is in fact my main pool regulator). Don't get rid of it.

nwbrewer:
Anyone know what the difference is between The US Divers Pro diver regs and Conshelfs? One dive shop (the one I bought it from) told me I wouldn't have any trouble finding rebuild kits for it, but a second store (who was trying to sell me a new reg) thought I wouldn't be able to
With regard to the first stages there basically isn't any. Us Divers had a habit of changing the number when they made changes to the ports sucha sgoint with 1/2" LP ports rather than 3/8" LP ports or changing the number, angle or orientation of the ports. They also were known to slap a new number or name on a Conshelf first stage when attaching it to a new second stage and the Pro Diver is a good example of this.

The following US Divers first stages are identical to each other in all aspects other than the number of LP ports and the sizes or orientaton of those ports:

Conshelf XII, XIV, 20, 21, 22, and SE2 and SE3.

"Supreme" in the name of the first stage just refers to an optional cold water kit that can be retrofitted.

With regard to second stage, there is very little difference. The following second stages are in groups that are mechanically identical:

Conshelf XIV and Conshelf 30

Conshelf 21, Conshelf SE2, Conshelf SEA, and Pro Diver

Conshelf 22, SEA, SEA4, Conshelf SE3, Pioneer and Aquarius

Arctic

Aqualung still fully supports all of the above regulators, so getting parts is and service for them is not a problem.

DA Aquamaster:
With regard to the first stages there basically isn't any. Us Divers had a habit of changing the number when they made changes to the ports sucha sgoint with 1/2" LP ports rather than 3/8" LP ports or changing the number, angle or orientation of the ports. They also were known to slap a new number or name on a Conshelf first stage when attaching it to a new second stage and the Pro Diver is a good example of this.

The following US Divers first stages are identical to each other in all aspects other than the number of LP ports and the sizes or orientaton of those ports:

Conshelf XII, XIV, 20, 21, 22, and SE2 and SE3.

"Supreme" in the name of the first stage just refers to an optional cold water kit that can be retrofitted.

With regard to second stage, there is very little difference. The following second stages are in groups that are mechanically identical:

Conshelf XIV and Conshelf 30

Conshelf 21, Conshelf SE2, Conshelf SEA, and Pro Diver

Conshelf 22, SEA, SEA4, Conshelf SE3, Pioneer and Aquarius

Arctic

Aqualung still fully supports all of the above regulators, so getting parts is and service for them is not a problem.

DA, I assume that there were 2 very different versions of the Aquarius, then. Wasn't the original a piston regulator?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom