US Divers Aqualung Matrix Comp. Problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jim2386

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey guys, I'm new here and I got a problem that's really ticking me off. I just replaced the batteries in my matrix dive computer and went diving today. When I got there, I turned it on, it did it's calibration countdown screen where it counts down from 9. However, when it hit zero, it just shut off. What do I do? Is this going to be a $200 fix problem....I hope not:( I only have 17 dives on it.

Thanks,
Jim

jim2386:
Hey guys, I'm new here and I got a problem that's really ticking me off. I just replaced the batteries in my matrix dive computer and went diving today. When I got there, I turned it on, it did it's calibration countdown screen where it counts down from 9. However, when it hit zero, it just shut off. What do I do? Is this going to be a $200 fix problem....I hope not:( I only have 17 dives on it.

Thanks,
Jim

Try taking the batteries out again.

Only 17 dives? The matrix hasn't been made in a while...

Hi,
I'm having the same problem with mine. It's an oldie, but a goldie, and I'll keep it if I can. Was there a solution to this problem?? I've put new batteries in it, but it just does the countdown and stops without going into surface mode.
Can any one help?
Do I get is serviced? (and by whom?), or do I throw it away??

Many Thanks!

Hi,
I'm having the same problem with mine. It's an oldie, but a goldie, and I'll keep it if I can. Was there a solution to this problem?? I've put new batteries in it, but it just does the countdown and stops without going into surface mode.
Can any one help?
Do I get is serviced? (and by whom?), or do I throw it away quote]

The Matrix is at least 15 years old. It was made by Pelagic (Oceanic) for US Divers. I had one and when it died about 10 years ago, it could not repaired. My opinion: throw it away!

As others have posted its a very old computer, I too owned one (Matrix Master) about 13 years ago. As another poster said do another battery change and if it doesn't work it's probably toast. I very much doubt it can be repaired. Good luck.

OK - it's getting thrown out. Thanks all for the help and advice.

Ciao for now...

(I find it hard to believe it's that old; but it is!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom