Uruguay/Punta del Este Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is only one dive operator in the whole of Uruguay, surprisingly enough! And it's in Punta del Este. Basically their main attraction is the diving at the Isla de Lobos.
It is practically impossible to find the place unless you know where you're going: it's right behind the bus terminal. If you have your own equipment I recommend you take it. I know this is a little late to respond since you have already probably gotten back from Punta del Este but maybe for future reference.

Hi,

Thanks for the response. What you say is about what I turned up. Paul Diaz apparently runs a shop down there, the only shop, called Punta Divers, with trips out to the Isla. We are planning to take our regs and masks, and are just gonna get the other gear when there. Do you know anything about the viz or water temps?

Thanks for the help,

Scubahiro

Hi,

You can contact MAREAS Diving School at info.mareas@gmail.com or just visit their site www.mareas.org

They are located in Punta del Este and provide PADI training courses & rental equipment.

By the way, this thread should be under "South America"

Best,
Udiver

Though this a very old thread, I want to mention that there are several dive operators in Uruguay.
Uruguay is a country of the size of Spain with less than 4 million people living there.
I have not dived in Punta del Este, but I've dived in Colonia and Salto, both quarries formed after the flood of the abandoned open sky mines.

I'm going to be in Uruguay on March 25, any information about where to dive not too far from Montevideo would be appreciated.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom