URGENT Update from ScubaMau

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Joseph and Linda - I don't think anyone was doubting the validity of this. jen is very well known here on Scubaboard and of course to us on the island - we love you Jen!

I also shared the link on my Blue Xt~Sea FB page and hope that it will help generate some donations! I will also be making a donation later this afternoon!

Underachiever - they are still working on getting her transferred - but hopefully it will happen sooner than later!

Continued prayers for Opal, Gabi and Heath - and to family and friends!

I have never dived with Opal, Gabi or ScubaMau, but want to help in this tragic situation so I have donated to both. Insurance is a difficult issue in much of Latin America. I see it in Galapagos, too. Furthermore, for some reason, it costs divers in Latin America more to purchase insurance which is difficult since they always earn so much less than most Americans.

First of all, Scuba Mau would like to sincerely thank everyone for their donations. Money is coming in and as of right now donations are approximately $4,000 for Opal and $2,000 for Gabi. We are desperately trying to get the funds needed to fly Opal to the states for the medical care she urgently needs. Time is a critical factor right now.

The family is arranging air transport and that might happen some time later today or tonight! However, the Opal's family and friends here are trying to come up with the money needed to pay the remainder of the hospital bill and the money for the flight. Every effort is being made to come up with a plan to get her to a U.S. hospital.

We would appreciate it if you can forward this message on.
If you make a donation, please consider sending or attaching a personal message as we are reading hem to the family, Gabi and the shop.

I want you to know the reason that my name appears on the PayPal account is that I had to attach my personal credit card to "verify the funds" yesterday. In other words, donations come in and sit in the PayPal account, but the funds need to be "verified" or supported by a bank account or credit card.

With that being said, myself, Denise (good friend who lives here in Cozumel and is a close friend of the shop) and Roger (Opal's personal accountant for the shop) opened a new account today specifically to handle these donations. All medical bills and expenses will be paid from this account. Pay Pal donations are now linked to this account and these deposits will go directly into it. ALL payments (debits) made for the behalf of Opal and Gabi will be paid out via a debit card linked to the account and a receipt will be attached and match any and all payments.

If you are uneasy with setting up a PayPal account but want to donate, please feel free to contact me directly by personal message here or my email which is: JenLoves2Dive@gmail.com.
Feel free to email me with questions and I will be most happy to answer them.

I am also trying to set up a "Donate Now" button where you can make a donation via credit card without having to set up a Pay Pal account.

We plan on personally contacting everyone that donated and will send out updates and messages shortly.

Please keep praying for them and please take the time to forward this on to anyone that can help.

I am not surprised by the wonderful response and the amount of love and prayers being sent their way, but I am truly, truly touched by the amount of love coming through your messages.I promise to relay each and every message!!

Jen

what is the remainder of her hospital bill?

dave dillehay
aldora divers

Dave, I don't have the total yet. Am going down there to see. Denise called me and I might need to put about $2000 on my card but unsure. It's the air transport we are worried about right now.
Please feel free to csall me on my Cozumel cell but my battery is almost gone. I am hurrying out to find a charger for my IPhone as all the craziness I lost my charger somewhere.
My coz cell is the typical Coz area code then one one three - four zero one eight.

Please feel free to email me or send me a message on Facebook. Am heading to the hospital at around 6:30.

Yes, thank you Cave diver. Good idea.
PLEASE feel free to call the dive shop for verification!
Also, if you want some type of verification I will gladly give you contact information and references from the island. Apple (Dive Paradise)and Christi with Blue XTea. Just about everyone on the D2D forum at Scuba Diving magazine.
I TOTALLY understand.

Feel free to email me. Some people did and have already made donations.

My U.S. Vonage phone number here in my cozumel house is: three zero one five seven six - six two six three. My Cozumel cell is: nine eight seven one one three four zero one eight.

ANYTHING I can do to help put you at ease to make a donation...email me or call me. Will even provide DNA. Just kidding of course, but I will do whatever I can to help them. Unless you are here, I don't think you know the extent of the devastation everyone is feeling!!

This was done in record speed and I would have loved to put up a designated web site. As a matter of fact, the dive shop wanted to post on their site, but Opal has the password and no one can figure out how to log in to update the web site. Hence the use of Facebook to update people. we're working with what we have folks!

Also, EVERYONE involved (and I am sure I will forget names here) Denise (who has been working her a--- off working side by side with me), Mau himself, Roger (Opal's accountant), the entire staff at Scuba Mau, Opal's family and friends and all the Cozumelenos who are regular here on the board have come to the rescue.
THANK YOU!!!!
You can only imagine how hectic it has been around here with everyone trying to do whatever we can to help them!!

I'm not yet that familiar with how these posts work, and I think I just sent a reply directly to Jen.

But, I also want to publicly express my thanks to Jen for all that she has been doing. My wife, daughter, and I who have all been diving with Opal and Scuba Mau greatly appreciate all of your efforts. We owe you more than our thanks. Bless you.

Dear Jen,

Let me know some specifics and Aldora may take care of some manageable sum.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom